Thursday, December 9, 2021

Origami Five Point Star for Christmas Tree

 


Hi everyone, I've decided this year to try an use up as much of my Christmas paper stash (which has been my plan the last couple of years).  This way I can happily fill my folders again with some nice, new, fresh designs when Christmas comes around again next year.  Some of my papers are 5 - 10 years old, been given by my Mum and another close friend - so not really my choice and from magazines.

I have also decided this year as it's just my husband and I at home with a weekly visit from our daughter who both aren't into Christmas decorating that I would just put up our tree and decorate it with paper ornaments I create.  

I started with these origami five point stars - once you have done the first one they are very easy to create and fun.  I used these instructions - https://christines-crafts.com/how-to-make-a-5-pointed-star-origami-tutorial/   The star above is my first attempt, yes a couple of refolds in there.


Here are the stash of stars I created and of that only two made it to my tree.  My cousin was hosting a Christmas dinner with friends and wanted 15 small gifts for a game. 


I added a sticker to the back of each as the paper was one sided and the white section not appealing to me. Finished with beads and star sequins to create an ornament for the tree.  Hopefully, the recipients enjoyed receiving them as much as I enjoyed making them.  

Now, I am making a paper chain to go along with the lonely two stars I have on my tree. :-)

Have a great day.





8 comments:

  1. These are so pretty to look at. Can you stick two together so that you don't have the white back.Die cut circles folded in half and stuck together make good use of paper scraps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Gail, I like the idea of the circles, will give that a try. I think that two stars stuck together would work but all my papers were different so that is why I went the sticker root.

      Delete
  2. What a super project Merry a great way to use up your papers they look so colourful I love them
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these Merry, gorgeous creations. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look wonderful. I have the same plan with the paper - year after year lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I think it's been about four years now and now finally seeing some space I can fill with fresh new papers. Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  5. Your origami stars are so Beautiful Merry. Thanks for the link to the tutorial..Loz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails