Sunday, January 24, 2021

Back to work this week

 


Hi again, well I have survived returning to work after a 6 week break.  Hard work getting that brain to remember what it needs to do but it is getting there.  Thought I would slowly show you cards that I have created over the past year each time I post.  So todays cards I created for Craftmad Swappers - January Swap and I had to do something W - found this window die cut shape that I had received earlier in another swap.  I found a card on Pinterest for inspiration, then embossed the rectangle on the background cardstock, added paper doily for the curtains, planted some flowers and freehand cut the little cat.


This card I went for W - Weaving - I love how bright and cheery it turned out.



My latest project is a crazy patch or crumb patch quilt.  This is my attempt to try and reduce some of the items in my craft room.  So I have grabbed all the small pieces of fabric I could find and sat and sewed them together. Matching the same sized pieces and ensure the colours were not the same.  Now I'm ironing out all the seams on those matched up pieces ready to cut in half on a diagonal and start sewing again this time ensure no two fabrics are together.  My plan is to do this until I have a nice pattern big enough for a 6 - 7 inch square.  The final quilt will be used on our lounge so not a big quilt.


This is one of the views I had yesterday morning at 6.30am when I started my walk with Sully, friend and her dog.  Looking across the racecourse to the mountains and a lovely 21 C.  After the rain and humidity we have had the last month this was perfect.


I completed this jigsaw yesterday, 100 pieces - wouldn't this be the best room, although I would have to add some patterned paper amongst all that.


A photo of Sully, now 4 months.

Till next time, a quote to finish with.

The best way to predict your future is to create it.

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards and weaving Merry. I return to work at school in a weeks time. The 6 weeks have gone so quickly..Fabulous jigsaw pic but your are right. lots of cardmaking paper is needed. Sully is so Gorgeous..Loz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have learnt something today, I didn't realise you worked in a school also. It is amazing how fast those six weeks go. I hope you have a smooth start in all you do.

      Delete
  2. How'd you get Sully to use his bed? Our cat refuses to go near hers. Maybe you can't teach an old cat new tricks? (Santa gave her the bed for Christmas..) Great idea for using up scraps. I have a lot of them! Love your cards also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. We got the bed from Sully when we first brought him home……it is actually a cat bed. He has just loved snuggling up, so my only suggestion is maybe buy a puppy bed for your cat. :-D

      Delete
  3. Hi Merry, its nice to see your cards they are lovely. I think Sully is adorable and what a lovely walk you have. Good luck back to work, take care.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your post your covering lots Sully looks so adorable gorgeous view on your walk love the weaving and the top card is adored too enjoy your day xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails