Wednesday, November 28, 2018

November Craftmad Swap - Backgrounds



For our November card swap over at Craftmad we had to swap two cards creating our own background.  I had fun with paints and salt and a little rice for this background. Added some flower stamps, more doodling and some rub on words and smudges of gold ink.



I spied this design for a background on Pinterest unfortunately, I did not save the original post so can't link….if it is yours please let me know.  A design I thought would be pretty quick to do but I was wrong. I doodled the black lines in the background- easy part and then coloured with my Copic pens. Colouring the sections took way longer than I imagined but fun and relaxing, each column has three different row stripes and to colour those stripes each had three different Copic pens.  Coloured the robot with my Copic pens too.

4 comments:

  1. Two fab backgrounds. The doodle one is amazing, that must have taken some time, well done on persevering with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the background with salt and rice. The second card is so three dimensional with nice, bright colours. Super colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are really fab designs merry, I know the second one from Pinterest was first added by a teacher, I do have it and have used it for the odd bookmark, very soothing Zentangle...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous cards Merry. I Love the second very brigh one. I have never heard of using salt on a card..loz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails