Sunday, November 25, 2018

Happy 50th Birthday


I made this for my friend Tracey who turns 50 today, party last night.  As well as friend Tracey is my and a couple other ladies exercise group instructor - so sometime we are thinking she is not our friend. :-)  During the exercises and then again two days later when we can hardly walk.

I had fun making this card, I used a 12" x 12" piece of card stock and had to extend it with the darker green card stock to fit all 50 candles on, hence the three strips of gold washi tape.  I then rolled 50 scrap piece of paper 7cm x 3cm on a chop stick placing double sided tape on the closing edge of the rolled paper.  For the flames I punched 25 gold hearts and cut them in half - the is the best tip I have found on Pinterest this year.

Thanks for visiting, hope your weekend is good.  I'm off for coffee with another group of friends this morning.

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant card design Merry, I may case that at some point, to good not to, and I missed the post below, that B/W card is stunning....enjoy your day.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just so pretty and cute and charming. Wow, to make 50 candles is quite a task. And what a clever idea to close it with double sided tape. One of the best cards from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic card and so much effort to make 50 candles Merry..loz

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a wonderful card. At first I thought you were getting your own back on her showing all 50 candles, but then I think maybe it took you a long time to do them all lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails