Sunday, November 12, 2017

November so far in photos

Hi everyone, I am still around and very well.  My life is very full and seems blogging has been pushed to a side for just a little bit. I think of you all on the blogs that I love to visit, I steel a quick peek time to time.  After being on a computer all day at work I do find it hard to be on one again at the end of the day other than for my word games.  Four weeks and I'm on holidays so will be catching up then.  Meanwhile, I wanted to share the past couple weeks of my November.

Click on the photos for a larger version.

A view on my walk early Saturday morning.  Walsh's Pyramid.


My hammock buddy where we have spent a couple of cooler afternoons lately.

A view from the hammock that I love.

A card I made for the Craftmad November Card swap (then another ten because I loved the design and ease) Theme of the swap Ribbon, Twine or String.  A great way to use up my left over and smaller pieces of ribbon.  Machine stitching around the edge and to create the tree and layered on wonderful green glitter card.

I really enjoyed making this card and used all three Ribbon and Twine across the centre of the card and made these wonderful string flowers with this tutorial. http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/twine-flower-tutorial-and-fathers-day.html Backed the flowers with die cut fabric.  Papers and card are old from Stampin Up. I coloured a white Happy Birthday brown with my Copic pens as it just needed a little something more on the card.

Following are a couple of my flowers out at the moment in the garden.  They make me smile when I walk out each morning on the way to work.  



The Olive Back Sunbirds love this Ixora and such fun watching them hover  around collecting the nectar.

A few of my friends and myself attended a trivia night recently  it was a travel theme and we went with France.  I made these card eiffel towers for our table, we all wore black striped shirts black bottoms, berets and a red neckerchief.  Another lady made placemats using the french flag, I also made little moustaches on sticks for us to hold up to our faces, other people brought a cheese platter and french stick (bread roll) and wine bottles with french logos.  We didn't place not even last.  :-)  But we won best dressed table.  So much fun.

This tea for myself when my husband went out one night, this was followed by a night of crafting on the Christmas cards above.  Such fun. :-)  I have started following the Keto recipes mainly because I try and stay clear of sugar in any form and  I find these recipes suit me, are easy to put together and are so yum.  Oh and I lost the 3kg that had crept on. Happy with my body again.

The Olive Backed Sunbirds are back nesting again.  They have built their nest on a power cord hanging down from a light we have in the carport.  They had built a nest on our verandah in July and we got to watch two little sunbirds emerge.


I have to share even though this happened back in September but it is the reason why I have been back into crafting.  I finally made the decision to move my craft area from this room above to my daughters room.  Yes, now I have a whole room to me. :-) Very spoilt.

I can leave my sewing machine up all the time and I have since realise  I can also leave my pins and scissors out also. No packing up at the end of crafting time.  Just close the door.

I have a new craft table which gives me a lot more area and the room is much brighter.  I love that I can keep out my rulers, pens, tape, glue and its just there for me to start where I finished off last time.

Well thanks for all visiting and as my life gets more and more organised I know I will be back blogging.
Happy crafting.



6 comments:

  1. Nice to see your name pop up on my reading list Merry and read all is well with you, sometimes life does take over and crafting has to take a back seat.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Merry, it's so nice to read what you've been up to and to see your lovely photos.
    Your flowers are just so pretty, everything here is either sleeping now or slowly getting there for the winter months...Glad your having good weather, hope your back again soon....x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you popping up Merry and your post is adorable l love your photos and your new craft room your cards are gorgeous take care sending lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
  4. good to know you are ok and keeping busy - too busy to craft- I hope not- going to have a try at the flowers maybe tonight . Sending happy thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards and photos |merry.. I love the eifel towers and your hammock buddy..loz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see an update from you with lovely pics. Great you now have a room too - it is nice not to tidy up but unfortunately I can take that to whole other level LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails