Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Goodbye and Good Luck



A friend from work went on a cruise by herself at Christmas time and came back with a new man in her life.  This lady over the past six months had become disenchanted by her job she had worked for twenty years and found a exciting new work opportunity down at the Gold Coast closer to her new man.  Although everyone will miss her terribly everyone was so glad to see her so happy.  This was the card I made to say goodbye.  The hint of orange is a nod to this ladies indigenous background and she loves purple, the banner I punched hearts from a Gold Coast map.


Time to share a couple of presents I was lucky enough to receive for my birthday last month.  This clever idea of a pin cushion attached to a basket which I have been adding rubbish.  In the background if you squint you can see a glass tea cup I received from another friend which has been turned into a pincushion.


My son and his girlfriend gave me a hammock something I  have wanted to own for a very long time.  Would you believe it our palm trees are planted at the recommended distance required to hang a hammock.  It is so relaxing, even though I have only used it on two occasions so far due to rain or holidays or regular life getting in the way but it will get much more use soon.

Thanks again for dropping by have a great day.


12 comments:

  1. Fabulous card for your friend Merry. Great presents and hammock..loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Merry, let's hope your friend has continued happiness...
    Love the hammock and the nail polish too...lol....x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely personalised card and a great idea to use the Gold Coast map. As for the hammock, I would be scared I wouldn't be able to get back out again! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated (a month late !) Happy Birthday Merry ! lovely gifts you have received :)Your friend will the goodbye card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. l'd love a hammock hopefully you will be able to use it lots this year gorgeous card too! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is really nice and I'm sure she will appreciate it. Happy belated birthday wishes Merry! Ohhhh I love hammocks. You sure did get a lot of nice gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I wish your friend the best. Glad you had a nice birthday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those palm trees would be bending over and my bottom half would be touching ground if I had one of those hammocks! smile! Not to mention I don't think I could scramble out of one! Looks like you had a happy birthday and that rubbish bin is a great idea as well as the teacup pincushion! For a moment I thought when I read the title of your post on my blog, you were leaving us here in blogland. Whew! Hope your friend has a happy life! Happy Days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments. No blogland is too hard to leave, I just love seeing what people in other parts of the world are up to. I thought I would struggle with the getting out and in the hammock but so far so good. :-)

      Delete
  9. I think i would just stay in that hammock Wendy and how perfectly planted were those trees , love the card, the banner is very well thought out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Merry,

    I popped over to thank you for your visits and apologise that I don't get here often, unfortunately using the keyboard remains a problem and my fumble fingers just don't get on very well with the tablet keyboard, so I had to make the hard decision to prioritize.

    But I got drawn into your cruise and have a lovely look through your posts at all your photos and destinations (and the glorious splatters card further down with their wonderful vibrancy).

    It looks like you had a wonderful time and hope you enjoyed the little extras like the concierge lounge that came with your suite, I know we do. As you know we have been with RCI and Celebrity many times and were due to go again in July but have had to cancel due to my two imminent surgeries - but they allowed us to utilise out deposit so have re-booked for the end of September on Celebrity Reflection.

    A lovely story about your friend, sad she is moving away from you but nice to her she fond some happiness on her cruise and I am sure she will really appreciate the lovely card you made for her.

    Enjoy that hammock.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the lovely comments Brenda. Glad you enjoyed the cruise photos….maybe one day you could try a cruise around New Zealand although it's the plane ride to get there first that would be hard work. I hope your ops go well and great that you have cruise in September to look forward to. We have tried Celebrity or RCI cruise lines might have to look into that. We have done MCS, Royal Caribbean and P&O. The hammock is getting a workout this weekend, a long weekend for labour day and the weather is perfect - clear skies and cool starts and ends (getting down to 15C then up to 28C) Nice. Take care.

      Delete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails