Saturday, September 24, 2016

Craftmad Christmas All Year Round Sketch Challenge


I have finished mulching my gardens which I am very pleased about.  Great exercise and now I can sit back an look at my neat and weed free gardens. As I am still on holidays and have a little spare time I thought it is time to catch up on the Craftmad sketch challenges.  I did set myself a goal to do three cards of each Christmas All Year Round Sketches.  This is the June sketch and my take.

This photo shows all of the tag.

After seeing the sketch I found a packet of tags that I have had in my stash for ever.  The tags had nothing to do with Christmas.  This tag had a a key like it was for a 21st but a bit of gold spray, poinsettia flower and some snowflake stamps gave it a whole new look.  I followed the tags theme of golds and browns for all the cards. Something a little different.  Used my snowflake embossing folder for the first time.



This page just had the words so I added holly leaves which to me mean Christmas.  A few gold sticker borders and sentiment, finished with a bow.  Oh and a spritz of gold again.

Showing off the tag.


This tag in no way said Christmas.  Under the Believe embellishment is the word Paris…..yes the holly leaves and dots hide a couple of images of Paris pretty well. I am not totally in love with this card but am thinking it will go to a male at work.  

All of the tag.

Hopefully more cards to show you soon.  I have made a start at catching up on all your amazing work.  Everyone has been so busy and very inspiring. Hope you are having a great weekend.

11 comments:

  1. Three gorgeous cards and Tags Merry. My favourite is the first one. I am not ready for christmas. Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like this design Merry and it really could be adapted to any season or occasion.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Merry I like the design with the pocket and the tags are beautiful, I hope your keeping well
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely cards Merry...love the style...I will try it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Merry these are absolutely gorgeous such a lovely festive creation
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, how creative to convert those tags into Christmas ones... and I like the poinsettia on the first one and the papers on all of them are so dreamy and classy. The last one with gold hay at the bottom looks divine. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these are super Merry, I have made a start I have to confess, but I fear it will still 'surprise' me somehow...lol...xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty tags, Merry. And lucky you, heading into spring, my favorite season!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very pretty! Have you thought about adding a photo, a bookstore gift card, etc. along with that bookmark after the challenge is over? We're heading into fall. We took the air conditioners out of the windows last weekend and the weatherman said it's supposed to drop temps tonight. Brrrr! grin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just trying to catch up and then my internet went down again. Love these tag Christmas cards what a super idea. Sketches usually stump me but this is an easy one even for me. Must admit not really looked at the Craftmad sketch challenge in detail. Must put that to rights!! hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails