Monday, March 7, 2016

Acetate Challenge


Yes, I am delving back into 2015 cards that I have not shared with you which means my old blurry camera.  :-)  

We had an acetate card swap with Craftmad.  I really enjoyed making this card although it is a one off as it was time consuming attaching the torn pieces of paper around and in the hedgehog image.    I stamped the hedgehog in Staz-on ink to the rear of the acetate then slowly attached pieces of coloured paper to a piece of card stock so that when the acetate with the image sat on top of the card stock the coloured pieces fitted into the shape of hedgehog.  I simply layered up the front of the card and finished with a Merry Christmas rub-on.


We always do two cards for our swaps and this is my second use of acetate on a card.  The good old shaker card.  I haven't done many of these in my lifetime as I find that I never seem to put the right amount of glitter in the shaker.  I dug out my Christmas Stampin up papers and inside the shaker which I made from various dies is a Christmas Tree sticker from the Sticker Store


I did have fun with the Christmas card above, I thought I might as well make one for my niece who had a birthday the same week.  This time it was some cheery Stampin up papers.  I love using these pads of paper as I just know they are going to look good together.  I used my dies again to create the shaker and I used my Copics to colour the stamped cupcake image.

Wishing you a wonderful day.

2 comments:

  1. Three fantastic cards Merry..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun shaker cards Merry and that first one is really effective how it was created.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails