Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Surprise…..a rare post with flowers from the garden.


Hi everyone, it sure has been a long time between posts.  I have been to visit a couple of blogs but not as many as I would like.  So hopefully, with my month of holidays, I will find the time now to catch up on all that you have been doing.

In my time away from bogland I have done a little crafting here and there, gardening and visiting family.  Most of the time was filled with work and looking after the house and 'just plain old resting'.

Last week was very busy but very productive.  I made and finished some christmas cards for my work friends and made some small gifts.  Altered a cringe worthy dress so that I could wear it to a 40th birthday party with a 80's prom theme.  Pink polyester with a drop waist and puffy leg of mutton sleeves.  I had to cut a section from the dress so I turned that fabric into a bow to attach to the hip and made some shoulder pads so that my sleeves really stood up.  Organised ten small gifts ready for a Left and Right Christmas gift exchange game at our Museum volunteers Christmas lunch yesterday.  First time a lot of us have played this and it went down well.

Now I want to share some flowers that are out in the garden at the moment.  The Mock Orange I received in a small pot from a special friend and this is the first time it has flowered.  The smell is just amazing.  They say it flowers when it's going to rain and we had a downpour yesterday which is just what the dry gardens and lawn needed.  Humid today but plants look happier.  Blogger is not letting me add captions to the photos.  I don't know the names of other plants other than the Fire Balls which all came out in the last two days.














5 comments:

  1. Hi Merry, I hope you are well the pictures are all beautiful If you don't post again before Christmas, I want to wish you and your family a very Happy Christmas
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to hear from you Merry and know things are OK with you, you are quite right that Life does get in the way of our craft and blog time. Just the other day I was looking back through my own blog and wondered how on earth I found time to do a post almost event day, now I am lucky if it's a couple a week.

    Your altered dress sounds super, I loved those leg of mutton sleeves ! And beautiful photos, in particular that lovely pink Lily, I sometimes forget our seasons are back to front and you are almost mid summer now. We barely had a spring or summer last year here in the UK and so far our winter has consisted of rain, cloud, wind and more of the same.

    Happy Christmas to you and yours.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hello Merry and good morning...or whatever time your on there...so nice to see you and your gorgeous flowers, I never knew that about mock orange, I have one in the back garden, it's quite old now I suppose, but come summer I shall have to watch for that..hope to see you again soon....have a really good Christmas and New year...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful garden photos Merry. You will have to show us a picture of you wearing the 80's dress..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Merry are your flowers what a lovely post x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails