Sunday, May 3, 2015

April Craftmad Quilt Block Swap


Over at Craftmad we are swapping 12" blocks each month.  Our partner gets to choose the colours and the sewer gets to choose the patterns.  I was partnered with Beth for this swap and she asked for pastel colours. I found this fantastic block tutorial called "U Pick" .  The tutorial has you cutting out a certain amount of shapes which I did for three blocks, do a small amount of sewing and then decide how you want to assemble the block.  The pieces can be assembled four different ways creating four different blocks.  

5 comments:

  1. Lovley colour combination and I like the idea of choosing how to make the block up from 4 choices. Hope your block turns up soon from me.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty combo of colours Merry, years since I did any patchwork I'm afraid to say.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely block - your so very talented best wishes Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Merry,
    what a beautiful work ! Great colours !
    I love Patchwork..

    Many greetings
    Swaani

    P.S.:
    I have a new blog... "happiness" ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails