Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pop-up Present Card


So much for returning in a short while with this card.  Life just keeps me busy. :-)
So this is the second card I sent off for the July Craftmad Card Swap (gallery here).  We swapped two pop up cards, you can see my first one in the post below.  For the front of this card I used the Stampin Up balloon image that I had coloured with my Copics ages ago....lucky for me the colours worked well with the papers I was using.


Since the first swap card had a lot of detail I wanted to be a bit simpler on this one and have always liked seeing the pop up presents.  So I found a tutorial online and tadah! this is what I came up with.  So easy, fun and effective, I will have to do this style of card again.  The papers I have used are Avalon by Bazzill from Blue Edge Crafts.

Now what have I been doing to keep me away from the computer and card making.  All the regular stuff like housework, gardening and work of course.  

We played and won our Touch Football grand final.  

Visited Brisbane to see our son win Best Cinematographer for work on the Best Film.  This is an awards night to celebrate the completion of their Bachelor of Digital Film and Television.  So a wonderful and very proud time for us.  So wish I could share a link it for the film as it was such a nice easy film to watch with a lot of aaaaawww moments.  

Helped out on a stall selling books at our Annual Pyramid race.  So got to spend the entire day chatting with one friend while we were able to cheer on another who (was silly enough) to be running the race for the 17th time.  This race is 12km long, 3km flat running to base of Walsh's Pyramid, (which is 922m high) 3km up, 3km down and then 3km back to the starting point and our friend did this in 1hr, 48mins and 42 sec.  Our friend holds the record for the fastest female which was achieved in 1997 with 1hr, 32mins and 6 sec.  Amazing!!!!  17 years later and she is only 16 mins slower.

This weekend we are chopping down trees that came down earlier in the year when a cyclone went through.  The trees have snapped off at the base and leaning on others so a big job to get them out.  We have been putting it off but the dead branches we see now are just not too attractive.  Next week is bonfire time. :-)

So till next time......take care and thanks for your lovely comments.



10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Merry, I like the image the pop up inside and the colours.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the the pop up gifts -such a creative card. Good to know you arr OK and keeping very busy - miss all your cards and posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pop-up card Merry. Congrats'on winning the touch footy final. And congratulations to you talented son also....I wondered where you were.Loz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Merry l just love the pop up presents on the inside and congrats on your win too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun birthday card! I really love the presents that pop up in the middle, adds an extra special touch!

    I saw the pic on facebook of you and your son, congratulations to him and you, you must be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love how the presents pop. ~ Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary

    Love the pop up in the middle of your card and the lovely Christmas colours.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow how brilliant this is Merry those pop up presents are fantastic the front of the card is fabulous I love it.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails