Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Craftmad June Swap - Use Embossing Folders


A bright and cheery card for you today.  I made this for the June Craftmad card swap we had to use embossing folders on our card.  I think I covered that requirement.  This card by Sara inspired me.  I dug out a lot of my embossing folders and ran them through the Cuttlebug with different cut offs from my Stampin Up Brights collection.  I couldn't find a butterfly punch so opted for this star punch.  Took me a little bit but I figured out that if I cut the strip of colour then punched the star from the bottom right corner  this only ended up being part of a star shape and not usable on the card.  I had to punch a star to use from other card stock to slot into the punched out shape.  Hope that makes sense.  ;-)  Visit the Craftmad Gallery to see how the other ladies used their embossing folders.



It's another beautiful blue sky day here in Gordonvale.  Cool start and heading up to just the right warmth during the day. Perfect for climbing the Walsh's Pyramid as my daughter and I had planned but that won't be happening this week after all as my daughter has been called in for extra work.  Can't knock that back.  There is always next week. :-)

Have a great day everyone.

15 comments:

  1. love how the stars are popping out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty - I love how the stars fit into the strip .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Merry, I love the colours the design and the embossing
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card! thanks Merry, will file that idea away for future reference :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry love your embossed card.The idea is super and the little stars look so cute
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What clever use of embossing folders Merry and really eye catching with the different textures and colours.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Merry this is a gorgeous, colourful card a great use of embossing folders.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely idea and the emboss folders are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and design Merry..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant card, great use of embossing folders!
    Love the bright colours against the white!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was lucky, I managed to enter again...
    What nice colours here and very nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. another great idea for a birthday card - the colours are so vibrant - best wishes Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card! You ought to send it onto the Just Cards magazine and see if they will publish it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you got to climb the pyramid! Lovely card - love the lollipop colours! And it's a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The stars popping out of banners and the embossing on the banners look fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails