Quilt Blocks for Craftmad swap - Clay's Choice and Cluster of Stars



I fell a little behind on my sewing in May and didn't complete my Quilt Block for the swap over at Craftmad until first week in June.  We had to swap a Clay's Choice block and we are using traditional coloured Christmas fabrics this year.  This is a first for me to ad the oblong shape into a block.  With the instructions so very easy.  I always thought when I saw these shapes in blocks that they were actually cut to that shape and sewn in ........ wrong!  To make this shape you start with a rectangle and sew to small squares on diagonals to the top of the rectangle, trim and fold back.....tadah! a wonderful shape is formed.


Now this one I am definitely on time just have to get them in the mail now.  This is the June block for the Craftmad swap and we had to sew a Cluster of Stars block.  Another new technique......making 'Flying Geese' sections.  They are the ones in the middle on the outside edge.  Same as above you start with a rectangle and sew two small squares but on a different diagonal to create this shape.

I had run out of christmas fabric and happened to mention this one visit to my Mums.  Mum rummaged through her collection and happily passed on what she had....reducing her stash. :-)  The outside red fabric on this block actually had a sticker on it for 20c....it would have been at  least a metre square.  Bargain.

Hope your day is a good one.  Thanks for visiting.

Comments

  1. gorgeous quilting Merry..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous projects Lori. Adorable image of Betsy Ross..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me want to revisit patchwork again Merry, years since I did any. And I love the bright and bold colours here.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw this is simply gorgeous as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Merry .
    Long time since I visited .
    Love the block quilting .Not seen this pattern before .beautiful colours.
    hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so bright and colourful.

    I am not able to comment on your posts. I tried like five times and then I could.

    Thanks for all the recent comments and the email as well.

    The packers are here and yes, it is nice to declutter.

    Catch you soon,

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I am in awe of these quilt projects Merry, I have always loved these sort of quilts the work that go into them is amazing, awesome work.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two more fun blocks! Like your cards,too,Merry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Card

Sewing Today

Homemade with a Hop - Stamping Vacation