Monday, January 13, 2014

Life is about creating yourself…. George Bernard Shaw


I have found some more Embossed Circle Cards and 3D Paper Tole (Exoctic Birds) toppers in my stash.  So on the lazy rainy day yesterday I enjoyed teaming the two together and layering up the paper tole of this fantastic bird.  I then dug through my paper stash to find some paper to make a great background for this bird.  Next I added this rub-on sentiment that I thought was just perfect.

"life isn't about finding yourself 
life is about creating yourself.'  George Bernard Shaw

I think this bird has definitely been creating itself. :-)


Just a side view to show of the layers.

Well we all survived our daughter's 18th birthday party.  A couple were a little worse for wear but on the whole I was very impressed how thoughtful the teenagers were even if they did have a little to drink.  Some would come inside from time to time and have a chat to myself and my husband, they would check that they weren't getting too loud……they were loud but it was a fun, happy loud.  They took turns to watch the people that weren't feeling too well and at the end of the night/morning I was really impressed how our daughter was on top of who should and could drive home.  She had a lovely time with lots of good friends.  So now it's time to find out what her 18th year will bring for her.

Have a great day.

11 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW what a stunning 3 d paper tole..so much detail!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Annmaree of Oz said...

I love that fun fabulous bird, and the card shape! Perfect quote too! All around fabtastic!!! :D

Love love love it!!!

Reusing with Quilling said...

WOnderful card .I loved the sentiment and the 3d paper tole looks just perfect with it !

Hussena said...

What a beautiful card Meery ..I love the combination of the paper tole and the fancy fold in this card ..the color is lovely as well :)

michelle hodges said...

Love your card so gorgeous!!
Sounds like a awesome 18th Bday party! Glad it all went well!
Have a wonderful week!

Radhika said...

Happy that she enjoyed with the lovely friends.. :) love the 3d bird and the sentiment is sweet... love the card.:)

brenda said...

Love this one Merry and such great dimension as well.

B x

Sandra H said...

Simply gorgeous is your card and stunning decoupaged image xx

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Love your card Merry - stunning - and I love that sentiment: what a great saying and it is so true!

Great that the 18th birthday went well. Sounds like the kids were very kind and considerate.

Sorry I haven't been around to visit Merry. I am moving craft rooms and the house is turned upside down. My daughter moved into a bigger bedroom (which was my Craft Room) and my husband moved out of his hobby room (which I have moved into) and my husband has moved into my daughter's old room. Total chaos - but a treasure hunt finding things I forgot I had - and things I have no memory of every buying LOL!

Jocelyn x

Susan Hogan said...

Love that bird. Your daughter sounds as if her head is on correctly. Glad the party went off well and it was not too wet.

Swaantje said...

Wonderful...what a wonderful card,Merry!!
The bird is beautiful..

hugs
Swaani

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails