Monday, January 6, 2014

Guest Design Card for Unstampabelles Challenge #31 - New Beginnings


Well this is a New Beginning for me as I am a Guest Designer this month for Unstampabelles in lieu of being on the Design Team.  I wish Susan every success and I know that her personal touches to Unstampabelles will just make the challenges grow.

It is our daughters 18th birthday later this month and I thought this was definitely an event that celebrated New Beginnings.  She will then be classed as an adult, legal to drink, legal to vote and have her say, will be eligible for green 'P's for driving.  After a month probably wish she did not have all the responsibilities.  ;-)

I layered up some card stock for the card base.  To create the glass I cut a triangular shaped piece from vellum slightly larger than I needed.  I inked the back of the vellum with a variety of colours using a sponge.  Attached a strip on double sided tape to the top of the glass and then sprinkled on diamond dust for the appearance of sugar or salt.  I cut two slits in the white card stock and slotted the sides of the vellum through and attached with double sided tape on the rear.  I then made my own straw as I had none in the house.  I found this a wonderful tutorial and template by Dedri.  The rosette I attached to look like the umbrella in the drink.  The colourful section in the centre of the rosette is actually washi tape which my daughter gave me for Christmas and I attached to the strip of white card stock before folding.

Be sure to visit Unstampabelles and see what the Design Team have created.  Also check out the wonderful prize on offer by Craftmad our sponsor this month.


Something I haven't done in a very long time but I have added this card to the Make it Monday #173 challenge


19 comments:

  1. Beautiful card :)My Birthday wishes for your daughter in advance Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever, makes for a perfect card.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card indeed Merry. Your daughter will be pleased to receive it I am sure! I love the glass idea - so creative and different. Thank you for being a Guest Designer this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card. So creative and the colors just POP! A very happy birthday to your daughter, too! You will be missed as our fearless leader at the UnstampaBellles, but I look forward to following along on your blog with all your future fun. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that vellum glass n straw !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw you on MIM Your card is awesome I love the color odf the drink and the rosette for the umbrella is brilliant.I have a piece in there also.I would
    Love to have you visit.
    This is so sweet.
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Merry, this is so very imaginative, not to mention very inviting with the hint of warm weather it brings.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Merry

    This is such a fabulously fun card, so perfect for your daughters 18th.

    The sponged effect on the vellum works perfectly for the drink. Could go one of those on this hot evening, lol.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! Saw it on MIM and had to take a closer look. Thanks for sharing.
    xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever idea! No, clever ideas, plural, really. The glass and its content, the "sugar", the use of the washi tape... a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card! Saw you at MIM! Thanks for sharin!
    kReN


    Come and follow me!
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful card - your daughter will love it - children grow up so quickly - my daughter is 27 today best wishes Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  13. forgot to say where does the time go - Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here from MIM. I must say this is one of the most creative cards I've seen! So many creative ideas, especially the "sugared" glass rim! Helene

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fun card, love this unique idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails