Thursday, October 17, 2013

My Projects for the Craftmad Get Together


Hi everyone, thought I would share the projects I took down to the Craftmad Get Together. When making mine I had to keep in mind that I was travelling to Brisbane a week before the get together to catch up with family and doing a fair bit of train and bus catching so wanted to travel light.

I have been visiting Qbee's Quest blog for a long time as Brenda does the most wonderful tutorials.  I love all her creations with Hershey Kisses and thought this was a great time to try one out.  At home I cut all the strips for the ladies and after a google search saw that Hershey Kisses could be bought in Brisbane.  So during the week before the meet up I searched high and low and no success.  Thought I found an alternative but when I got them back to the motel I discovered that Hershey Kisses are smaller than I imagined.  So we had extra chocolates to eat at the get together.  Kerry came to the rescue asking her husband to go in search for 'Kisses' at a Toms Confectionery Warehouse.  Success.  Funny thing is my daughter who was travelling with me had been taken to the warehouse the day before by our son's girlfriend and our daughter was in heaven.


As I have done a few cards with Copic colouring the ladies had mentioned they would like to have a try.  So I went in search of a good starting image for Copics that would only use a couple of colours and require some blending.  I found this lovely 'Daisy' freebie at 'The Digi Chick'.  I also saw the wonderful card created using this image and used the layout for the project.  I used my stash of papers and cardstock for the kits and didn't have enough of one particular set of papers to make ten kits.  So grabbed my DCWC paper pack and teamed the papers with card stock.  This meant there were different colours and patterns for the ladies to choose from.  I really enjoyed seeing the flowers come to life in the different colours that everyone chose.  You can see the variety here in our album at Craftmad.  Kerry, has hers in a post here.



7 comments:

  1. what a great idea, I like her blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card and I love your profile pic! Wasn't the chocolate kisses wonderful? Yum! My husband found some Reeses white chocolate candies for me recently and they are so yummy! Can't eat just one bite! Oh, by the way, I'm going to add to my list of books I don't have in my stash of Mary Engelbreit books yet, so when you come back to read, you'll find more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Merry,I love the flower, the butterfly is lovely and I love your profile pic :o)
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your butterfly turned out super cute. I'm glad you were able to find kisses. I've been told that Costco has Hershey's kisses and nuggets. It sounds like it was a super fun get together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your butterfly!
    That card is gorgeous love the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great you could all get together, fun projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails