Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Daffodil Thank You


Morning everyone,  a little chilly here this morning, 12C but what a beautiful day it is going to be.  Blue, blue skies.  :-)
I have been busy creating thank you cards to send out to people that donated prizes for the raffles we held for our Relay for Life team.  I wanted a nice quick card, had to be purple and yellow and needed a daffodil.  So I finally got to use a whole stack of yellow card stock that I had cut down to card size ages ago.  Yellow is not a colour I normally use....so nice to reduce what I have.  Next I used my new Patterned Designer Series - Subtles Collection from Stampin Up.  I just cut strips from the two purple sheets and mixed and matched the front and reverse sides.  Giving all the cards a different look.  Love it.  I then went in search of a daffodil to colour.  Lots of lovely images available but I came back to my trusty source 'Ruth' over at A Passion for Stamps where I found this perfect Daffodil.  I have coloured it with my Copic pens which I haven't used in ages and really enjoyed the relaxing time while colouring.  I used Y11, Y15, Y35 and Y38.  Finished the card with my Just Rite stamps and new to me Stampin Up Shimmery White cardstock.  I love the flecks of shimmer in the card....really finished the tag off nicely.  The picture above shows all the cards and daffodils ready to be put together.  I have done eight and have another two remaining.  I have run out of XPress It cardstock so will paper piece the last two daffodils today.


One of the completed cards.


Eight in all.

16 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous Merry, I like the papers and the lovely Daffodil's
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful - so bright and cheerful! I'll add the pic to my gallery now, Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Daffodil cards, love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautifully creative. Lovely set of thank you cards. Have a great Wednesday.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Digistamps4Joy DT Member
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry, They are really lovely:)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous. You have the talent for designing beautiful cards. I need to use my copics more too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Merry these are gorgeous I really love that flower as well as the papers and colour combo, ACE work.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. very simple and pretty! lovely set, Merry! hope you have a lovely weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty!!
    What a nice thing to do and for such an amazing cause!!
    Love the cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards Merry, love the colour combo, beautiful thank yous, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Merry

    Ooh this is a gorgeous set of cards! I love daffodils. This colour combo is beautiful.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails