Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Christmas Squirrel


I know I am early for Christmas but it is that time of year again where they are calling for Christmas Cards for Aussie troops serving overseas.  You will find more information here. A group of wonderful ladies including Tracey Hanshaw have, for the last 4 years (yes, this the 5th year) organised this terrific collection.

So all the christmas cards I have been making the past couple of months will heading to Tracey.

This card I started with brown linen texture then this wonderful spotted paper. The layer behind the squirrel is Bazzill Two Scoops. I dragged out my sewing machine and stitched around all the edges.  the sentitment is a rub on.  The 3D Paper Tole was from a small booklet from Blue Edge Crafts.

Well I am heading back to bed.  Typical, two days of school holidays and I feel like I finally have time to catch up on things and the dreaded cold/flu lurgy has caught me.  Yep, sore throat, headache and ringing in one ear.  Catch up with you al tomorrow.

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Merry. Thanks for the link to cards for diggers..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesome 3 D decoupage Merry

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a great thing to do Merry! I'm never organised with my own cards let alone extras for the troops :P Maybe next year!! Love the stitching... I've only done it once and it was a disaster lol! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, so cute!

    And bummer you are sick...always seems to happen at the worst times!

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great snowwy scene, love the squirrel and his robin friend!

    I must get and do more Xmas cards myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute : )
    I need to be a lot more organised to be able to donate extra cards.
    Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Merry,
    You can never start to early with the Christmascards and this is a WONDERFUL card for a WONDERFUL Christmas ☺☺☺.
    Hugs Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card!! Love the stitching and love the layering!!
    IKWYM about the fish that doesn't happen snorkeling only in diving.
    I cant dive because of a bad ear.
    That fish would have given me the creeps!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a terrific card. So much care and thought has gone into it. Whoever gets it will know it was made with special care. Hope you feel better soon. Sending healing wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you are not feeling well, I have a viral thing I cannot shake off so not been commenting very much.
    Great card.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Merry I really love this gorgeous, cute card that image is ACE, so are the papers and that embossed panel, super creation.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. i soooooooooooooooooooooooooo love this one!!!! squirrels are one of my little sources of happiness! before i feed my kids...my hubby and even my dogs -- i make about 20 peanutbutter sandwiches up and put them out on the side deck and they all come running -- LOVE watching them!!! so this one really makes me smile!!! : ) hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails