Thursday, March 8, 2012

Potholder


The swap item for February General Sewing over at Craftmad was a potholder.  Yes, I was a tad late with this one.  Had everything cut, well I thought until I read the tutorial again realised I needed a little more batting.  As I only head into Cairns once a week.....well once a week with shopping time I had to put it on the back burner for a little.

We had done a potholder swap a couple of years ago and I really liked the style of potholder that my partner had sent me.  It was small and you inserted your fingers in the potholder to me able to grab items.  It went missing in the wash a couple of weeks ago and our son was asking where it was.  Thankfully we found it amongst clothes in our daughters room.

The potholder laying down is what I sent off to my partner Lauren (Fairy Scribbles).  Yes, I cut a five extra to use the fabric up.  Now we will have two new potholders and I thought these would make handy gifts for a couple of people.  I used the wonderful tutorial that I found at Field Trips in Fiber.

Click here to see other potholders that were swapped during the month of February at Craftmad.
For the month of March our sewing swap is certainly a challenge.  We are to find our ugly fabric and turn it into something wonderful and probably useful for our partner.  Should be fun.

Have a fun Thursday.....I am starting to feel like I am catching up a little. :-)

13 comments:

  1. oOH, very pretty ;-)
    good design too - will bookmark that link for later ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear ,your blog is beautiful as always......hugs Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this style of potholder. What a great idea to have a potholder swap.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice idea and such pretty fabric

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty fabric and a great practical gift. You have inspired me dust off my sewing machine and sew on something other that just card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear that you will let your sewing machine see the light of day again. Actually, I have really enjoyed getting back into sewing again....I hope it is the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome potholder, love the style too!

    Have a great weekend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful fabric & such a fabulous design, great job Merry & absolutely perfect as gifts :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Merry, hope you are feeling better sweetie, and your arm is all good now .....well, I have had a wonderful time going through all I have missed in your blog while I have been absent - and I love it - but I think the idea of your potholders is a wowser of an idea - with my arthritis a cloth to grip handles can be awkward sometimes and the thick gloves you can buy are just too big for me to use - love your idea hun ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ed, I had one of those thick glove like potholders and I always found them too. Awkward. These would be perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful project! love the pretty fabric you used, too. fabulous work as always, Merry! hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely idea for small gifts
    used to sew a lot of those but not now .too busy making cards .Love the small pot holder idea though . love the material on yours here

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you said what these were cause I thought it was a bread holder or tissue holder or something! LOL! Neat idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails