Monday, March 12, 2012

Mum's Birthday - Pop Up Dragonfly


I made this card for my Mum whose birthday was on Sunday.  Mum loves green and dragonflies.  I had already bought her a present of a large metal dragonfly to hang on the wall somewhere.  So when my friend Sherry of Loscann Cards shared with me a link to this wonderful place of pop up cards I just had to get the dragonfly pop up.

I downloaded this pattern from Easy Cut Pop Up and print it out on my Stampin Up Wild Wasbi.  I won this, a roll of the ribbon and matching inkpad at a Fundraiser night on Friday night held by Ruth Massey.  Yes, I was very pleased. :-) I cut and folded as directed I then went around all the leaf shapes with the Wild Wasbi ink to define them a little more.  The front of the card I added some large and medium retro flowers, DSP from Stampin Up.  The centre pearl brads are from Pizzazz Aplenty. Embossed a couple bits of scrap card with my Victoria embossing folder to give a little texture.  Finished with the curved gold birthday sticker from Sticker Store.


Tadah!!!  the dragonfly....I printed him out on white photo copy paper as I thought all my card stock was too thick.  If I was to do this card again I would definitely find a thinner cardstock for the dragonfly just for a little strength.

Top view

Right side view and yes it all folds neatly into the card.  I should have take a photo of the closed card.  

I have another three cards to try from this site.  Can't wait as this card was surprisingly easy, once I remembered the origami folds.

I would like to add this card to:



P.S.  Remember that our challenge at Unstampabelles this month is all about Easter with a bonus entry for paper creations with more than one fold. We already have five entries and not one stamp used.

27 comments:

  1. Stunning work or art Merry. I am sure your mother loved it.. Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazing card Merry. Your Mum will love it. The details are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely 3D AWESOME!! Love your dragonfly popout card. Love that it's landing on a leaf. This is soooo cool!
    Beautiful and fun card you've created here. :)

    Thank you so much for sharing this with us at MIM and thank you also for your very kind comment on the MIM blog as well. :)
    Hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card Merry. I saw this on MIM. Faye

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Very pretty card and amazing 3d!!!
    Love it and so creative!!
    Hope you have a fabulous day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Merry

    Wow, this is incredible!! Love that dragonfly.

    You Mum will be thrilled to receive this.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey this is awesome merry, I hope your mum likes it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is so cool! Love the little touches of embossing on the front and that pop out is just amazing! Saw this on MIM!
    Nat -x-

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Merry, what a stunning card, brilliant pop up, bet your Mum really loved it.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow- what a great card Unbelievable that it is handmade! I love the colours as well!
    Have a nice week!
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, this is gorgeous. Love the dragon fly pop-up.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, that dragon fly is amazing... love it. And the colour combo is perfect. Very 3D - am sure your mum LOVED it.

    Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry - this has such wow factor! I hope that your mum loved it. . . very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.
    Stamping Shanni

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saw your link on MIM Merry-- what a stunning pop up card the details on the dragon fly are amazing and your background so beautiful
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! super fun pop up card, Merry! amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card. I am sure your mom just loved it. Thank you for sharing on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Saw this on MIM and am wowed by your engineering skills! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Merry this is fantastic, what gorgeous Spring colours and a wonderful design, your mum is gonna love it.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is Amazing, I love the pop up card. I saw your work on MIM Thanks for Sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is very clever Merry. I am amazed! It must have taken you ages!!
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very clever - I love this!!
    Thank you for joining us at Make it Monday this week.

    Hugs Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.



    Remember, to leave a comment for the other entries & be sure to mention you saw
    them on Make It Monday.xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning card Merry with such a beautiful surprise inside, just added it to do list. Happy Belated birthday to you mum I am sure she loved her card, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a clever card. I love the pop up dragonfly and the colours work beautifully together.
    I saw your card was the first listing on the make it monday linky this week so i popped over to take a better look.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  24. Whoa! That card really is astounding! I love the pop up dragonfly. Heck, I still buy pop-up kids books cause I love that they seem to come to life! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the idea of the popup card.
    Saw you on MIM
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I hope your mum loved this card! All the work you put into it and it's so very lovely. My mother doesn't appreciate my rubber stamping--she says it's a waste of time, however, I enjoy it -- it's so my therapy! :) Shh! Don't tell her -- she gets commercial cards from the dollar store!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is brilliant, love the effect you have achieved.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails