Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hap-bee Birthday


Morning everyone, last day of our long, long weekend.  Yes, today, Tuesday was appointed a public holiday as a substitute for Easter Monday due to Anzac day falling on that day.  This is also the last day of school holidays.  So everyone is out of the house tomorrow.... Wednesday. :-)  We have had such perfect weather over the weekend.  It was a pleasure to be out and about catching up with friends and family and at home giving gardens some much needed attention.  I even grabbed my cuppa, craft mag and towel and sat up the back yard in the shade of a tree.  Pretended I was on holidays for a moment.  Also took the time to watch the white puffy clouds get blown across the sky.

Okay, time to talk about my card.  This is one of the cards I have made for my Swap partner over at Craftmad.   This month we swapped cards that were not rectangle or square.  You can check out the other creations in the gallery at Craftmad.

I dug out my Octagon Spellbinders and cut several layers of the different papers and card.  Thought this shape was perfect for a bee card (honeycomb).  I started with a base white card, then black card and then a layer of this pretty new Blue Edge patterned paper called Rosewillow Daisy.  Not only is the pattern pretty on this paper, I love the fact that I can choose the smaller version of the design which is attached to the bottom of the main 12" x 12" paper.  Hence, the 'Combo Paper' name.  Next I printed out the sentiment on the computer and added this cute little teddy bee sticker.  Finished with a pretty bow.  Next I had to make an envelope as nothing I had was the right size.  So thanks to Mel over at Mel Stampz for her 100 envelope templates.

A little reminder that the next Craftmad Create and Chat night is approaching really fast.
Wednesday, 27th April and Kaye is all set to talk us through making a circle album for Mother's Day.

Challenges I would like to enter:



11 comments:

  1. Now the cat is out of the bag about the blind swap Merry, although the post mark gave it away:) I just loved all of your cards They were so clever. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I love the Octagon!!! Especially for the bee, honeycomb etc, really creative!!

    Love how this came out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! What a darling card! Love that bee!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The octagon shape is perfect for the bee! What a very cute and sweet card! Thanks for topping your sundae with us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super, super cute !! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Merry! Sounds like you had a great day. I sure need to get out in my garden and cut down all the dead stuff from last year. It seems like it has rained everyday or it is too cold. Should warm up a little today, but rain. Love your cute Bee card. Nice way to use the Spellbinders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the shape!! And the bright colour of the envelope sets it all off too..great! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute and what a unique shape! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clever to use the hexagon for the bee card-turned out great.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for taking the time to join our challenge this month over at Ellephantastic. Your card is lovely.
    Hugs
    Helen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an adorable sentiment and image, love it!! Love the great shape too. Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails