Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Beach Scene - Craftmad March Sketch


Took me a long time to come up with this card but I am happy with it now.
I started with this months Card Sketch Challenge over at Craftmad.  When I first saw the sketch I thought easy peasy but two card failures before I came up with this. 

I started with Chiffon Bazzill Card  then a layer for blue Bazzill Card.  Then I dug out a die set that I recieved when I bought my cuttlebug.  I forgot that it came with this square die until I saw a card posted in the Craftmad Gallery.  You can't really see in the photo but the squares are yellow spotty paper.  I then added these lovely wooden shapes that I have had for a while.  I coloured the gold 'Thank You' sticker with my black permanent marker.  I like how some of the black has rubbed off showing hints of gold.
This was the end of my card but I thought it needed more.  So dragged out my raffia and added a strip top and bottom...still needed a little more so lifted the top raffia piece and tied three knots of raffia.
Now I am happy.

Have a favour to ask you today.......choose a Flavour.

We are having some Rock Candy made specially for our Relay for Life team to sell for fundraising. 
We would love to hear your favourite flavour so we can buy the best selling candy.
Thanks for your help.

 Banana, blackberry, blueberry, cherry, grape, rosy apple, kahlua, kiwi fruit, lemon, lemonade, mango, tropical fruit, musk, orange, passionfruit, peppermint, pineapple, raspberry, spearmint, strawberry, strawberries 'n cream, Tia Maria, watermelon, Wildberry.

My favourites would have to be Spearmint, Peppermint and Lemon.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

10 comments:

  1. this is great fun, I love the beachhouses, so cool!!!

    The raffia works great too for the beachy theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite flavours are liquorice and aniseed .

    Just a quick Thank You for my surprise in the post.The papers are lovely and I have plans for them already.My husband smiled and said ' do you now send a 'thank you' for the 'thank you'.I was expecting goodies from Sandie and Jeanne so it was a big surprise when I saw your name...Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is FANTASTIC,I love those little beach huts!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brings back memories of my childhood at the lake. Fun times. What a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, love those cute little huts! Such a sweet card Merry! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card, I've featured it on PaperMood.com I hope you don't mind. X Fab

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! I like the raffia! Hmmm, candy flavors....that is a tough one as a bunch sound good! Not sure how many to pick but you can't go wrong with orange! I would also pick watermelon, apple. Mint depending on what type of candy! The exotic kiwi and passionfruit sound good but alot of times those end up tasting funny in candy form.
    Good luck with your choice and sales!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Merry,

    Thank you for your kind words on my blog. I truly appreciate them.

    I love this card!! It reminds me of the cute cabanas they had in NY on the Long Island Beaches.

    I hope all is well with you. Hopefully, I will get my coats finished tomorrow, if not, this weekend (not that I need them anymore LOL). I want to get started on some stuff for my husband.

    Take care and all my best,
    Alisha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card love the little beach huts
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
    wendi

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh your famous - I saw this card featured on Fabrizio's blog and thought I know someone by the name of Merry.........
    Fab card.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails