Thursday, February 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad - Wallet Card


Morning everyone, a very wet morning here today.  Our son's first ever driving lesson too with an instructor.  Which on one hand is a good thing as our indicator and wiper are on opposite sides to normal cars....so now he won't feel silly turning the wipers on instead of the indicator. :-)  But rain first day with someone different in the car might make him a little more nervous...different things to think of.  

Now this card I made for my Dad whose birthday was on Tuesday 22nd Feb.  This is such a fantastic day that I know of three other people born that day.  One of those also shares his birthday with his Grandfather and there were three other babies born the same day as him.  Mentioned this to my friends and one said she also had two friends birthdays that day and another friend also had a friend sharing that date.  I was blog hopping this morning and came across a 13yo crafter whose Mum also shares the date.
So that is 12 people that I know of amazing hey!

I made this wallet card which was a version of the Handbag Album that was made on the last Create and Chat night at Craftmad.  I have used Stampin Up card and papers from a set I won a couple of years ago...so thinking the papers are all out of date now.... not sure of the names.  The tab and the stitching sticker along the bottom were all part of the set.


This is the inside...   We all fit nicely the four of us.  Sorry I have add a bit of graffiti to the inside.  Partly because it was fun doodling over my siblings the other I haven't asked if they minded me showing them off. :-)
I have used varies layers of the Stampin Up card and paper for the inside of this card.  Added the photos and then finished with the little 'photo turns, or book turns, or turn mounts.  Whatever you call them....they are just what you need for the Embellish It Challenge over at Stamping Vacation.


Here is the front again.

The next Craftmad Create and Chat night is coming up on the Friday, 4th March.  Yes, we all join in the Craftmad chatroom and either Kerry or Kaye talk us through a wonderful creation.   This time it is a Star Book...you can find the materials you will need here and times.

I would like to enter into the following challenges:

9 comments:

  1. Very cool, what a great gift idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Merry, love the front of this wallet you would never believe that it held such fabulous photos, I love it.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun wallet card....great doodling! LOL! Good luck to your son on his driving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely card! I particularly like your doodling! LOL Thanks for taking up our challenge at Creative Craft World.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant idea Merry, bet your Dad loved it, hope your son did well..xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea! What a nice, personalized gift! Thanks for joining us at PTT. Hope to see you again soon.
    ~Renee
    Party Time Tuesdays DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so fun! fabulous project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic idea ! Love the doodles LOL.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World for my 'use a square card' challenge.
    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. fun wallet and great doodles!
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails