Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Cardmadfairy's Design Team


Morning everyone, yes it's time to tell you my exciting news.  The lovely Jenni over at Cardmadfairy's Creations has asked me to be on her Design Team... woohoo!!!.  Jenni draws the such fun and terrific digital stamp images I could only say Yes!!!

Today Jenni, Cardmadfairy Creations has released five new digital christmas stamps and they are such fun. That is what I played with on my weekend away as well as other things.  Here is her Xmas Owl he was such fun to colour in and would really come to life as I added colour.  

To create this card I started with a white BE card then a layer of Stampin Up Cherry Cobbler topped with the Stampin Up Design Paper - Jolly Holiday.  This is a new design paper pack for me and I so love the colours.  Cut out a branch freehand for the owl to stand on and punched the leaves with the new Stampin Up bird and leaf punch.  The Xmas Owl I have coloured with with my watercolour pencils, added Kindy Glitz and some googlie eyes.

More exciting news from the Cardmadfairy Creations blog ........ starting next year there will be fortnightly challenges.  So make a note of that in your books.

Here are the rest of the Design Team a very talented bunch of ladies.  Be sure to check out their blogs to see what they have done with the images.  I have learnt two things already.  One that I can flip a digital image and have the two images on the same card.   The other fun idea I saw on one of the ladies do was use this owl image and have three owls printed but each owl was reduced in size and side by side.  So it appeared as if a family of owls were sitting in the tree.  

Merry .....it's me!! 


Melbourne Cup Horse Race is on today here for Australia.  It's the race that the nation stops for......amazing isn't it.  This is the only horse race I watch.  It helps that like the last couple of years I go over to a friends place where she has invited about 20 of her friends.  We all put on a dress and heels that is a novelty in itself for me....take a plate of food for lunch.  Eat, chat, drink and then at 2.30pm (I think) we watch the horses line up and watch to see if our horse wins the sweep.  It is exciting.  Then it is used to be a mad rush to go and pick the kids up from school.  But my two are older now and catch the bus home.

So wishing everyone luck in their choices of horses today.

Have fun.

10 comments:

  1. So adorable! I love the idea of an owl on a Christmas card. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card Merry, love the eyes lol! Congratulations on you new DT position! Look forward to seeing photos of all you girls in your glam for the races, have fun, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Merry-even though I am just off to bed LOL! Just wanted to say congrats on your DT - well done.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how awesome, another dt way to go girl!

    I LOVE that Christmas Owl, he is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Merry! She is lucky to have you. Love the cute little owl. How were the races! Did you win? Sounds like a good time to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! Congrats Merry!!! Love the card! And the horse race sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wowzer Merry this is fantastic news congratulations it is so well deserved, you rock.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Merry - Wow!! What exciting news.

    I adore this owl card - so cute - and love how you added the googly eyes. Love the punching too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Merry, you do marvelous work so no wonder you got picked!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails