Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy Birthday - Tree, Dog and Cat


Here is a card I made for my friends son who turned '9' last Wednesday.  My friend was telling me how her son was saying he really liked my cards.....I thought she was being very polite. :-)  When I gave her son the card and pressie it was the card that was opened first and he just loved it.  He thought it was very funny and went back to looking at it after he had opened his present.  Yes, I am still smiling. What better praise is there than a nine year old boy admiring your card. :-)

I started with a white BE card and then layered it with Stampin Up Taken with Teal.  Found this wonderful paper in my stash that has come from a magazine at some stage. Printed out the greeting on the computer and used my new punches from Stamping Up - oval and scalloped edged oval.  Finished with some brown crossgrain ribbon.  The image is so much fun....that cat is such a tease.  It is from Michelle's Scrapbooking & More and is a Pixie Cottage image called 'Neh Neh Neh'.  Very apt name.

I am sharing this over at Craftmad for our Weekly Inspiration challenge - TREE's
(Remember this months prize is 4 Digital Images from Stamping Dragon Designs and a $15 voucher from Papertry Ink.

12 comments:

  1. aww thats so nice he loves your cards!!!

    and why wouldnt he this is fantastic, so fun, great image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As tired as I am right now, this card got me chuckling! I can just see a couple of our cats doing something like that! LOL Too cute!

    Thanks for playing along with Stamping Vacation's challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTASTIC!!! Love the colours and your image!! I am not surprised your sons friend loved it!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it is a realy funny and cute card! I hope that my cat will not do this to my dog- she would be unconcious with a broken neck for she is half the size of the cat.. :)--

    I wish you a nice week- ILo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card. You must know my cat.LOL That is high praise from the 9 year old. I would be smiling for a week!!!! Thanks for the visit. I too hate snakes because they always show up and surprise me. At least I can see the darn bear coming. The cougar gets up in the trees so that's a little iffy. Ah gardening in the Cascades does have its challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOps! I forgot to tell you how much I like the books you are creating. They are real treasures. Perfectly done of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHA!! That is awesome!!! I'm so glad he liked your card too....that is great when a kid that age admires a card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great image! Obviously a boy with great respect for craft...you should give him a few card-making lessons!
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous card,
    love that fun image,
    hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant card Merry,kids never let you down with how they really feel, brutally sometimes...lol...glad he loved it.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. THats such a fun image! Thanks for leaving me the nice comment on my blog

    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun card...my kids would love something nutty like this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails