Friday, July 16, 2010

Stampin Up Bird



Morning everyone, I am really happy to share this card with you.  I have never had a card come together so easily and that I was so happy with.  Last night I thought I have to make a card as my desk and gear are back where they belong....although I still have a pile of paper and embellishments to sort through.  When I sat at my desk I discovered the brown punched out pieces, the bird, four pink flowers and the punched leaves.  I thought I might as well make a card with these rather than trying to find them a home.   They were left over pieces that Ruth gave to me on the Stampin Up workshop night.  

So grabbed a white pre-scored card (Blue Edge Crafts) for the base.  Spied the beautiful piece of Stampin Up design paper in my scrap box.  I had embossed it with the Victoria embossing folder last week to show Nana how the cuttlebug worked.  I layered the green paper on some black and rolled down the top.  Next I added all the pieces I had less one of the pink flowers as odd numbers always look better.  I dug out some of Stampin Up buttons and threaded twine through them and attached them to the centre of the flowers.  Finished with a perfect black Happy Birthday sticker. (Sticker Store)

Since I am getting back in the swing of things I have been checking out Denise's list of challenges over at Stamping Vacation.  I am sure that you can find a challenge there that suits your needs and tastes.  I am going to enter this in Denise's latest challenge "Animal Applause Challenge"  the card needs and animal you can hold in your lap safely.  I figure the bird is very appropriate.  P.S.  Denise is also having a DT call for all her challenges.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card...I love that bird!!
    Already applied for the DT position too! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful! Love everything about it!!!!

    Denises challenges are great right!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the stampin up bird punch Merry.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a wonderful card- I love ths combination of colours!
    Thanks of stopping by on my blog and starting to be a follower!

    Best wishes
    ILo

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW I can see why you are very happy with it,it's GORGEOUS.....love everything about it!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful Merry, I love the bird and fab choice of colours too,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this! And to think you basically used leftovers on your desk! WOW! I love the bird. I love the embossing and the feel that you've brought it to life with the branch! Terrific card!

    Thanks so much for playing along with the Animal Applause challenge at Stamping Vacation. You have an entry in the gift certificate drawing on August 1st!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails