Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Pick Three Challenge - Stamping Vacation


With all the excitement of yesterday and being accepted on the Stamping Vacation Design Team I thought I should do another of Denise's challenges.

Now this card itself was a challenge.  I started following an idea I saw in a magazine and when I finished I just didn't like the look.  So out came the glitter.  Originally this card had a paper pieced cupcake in the centre.  So glitter went on the flame, no that didn't do it....so added the border....nope still not right.  Added the orange dots to match the cupcake liner and added glitter to the dots and outlined the circle border.  No still not right.  Covered all the circles in glitter and the cupcake liner.  Still didn't like it.  Kept showing my 14 yo daughter at every stage as she tells me outright what she thinks.  She said the cupcake is too small.  Well I looked at it again this morning and thought she may just be right.  :-)  So dug out Denise's Pick Three Challenge to see what I could add to fit the challenge and to help my card.

I think the sailboat and the birthday sticker finish it just nicely.  At least now I smile when I look at the card.

So I started with black leather craft card for the base card.  Punched out twelve circles from papers in my scrap box.  Slid them under the Blue Bazzill topper that I made by stamping Happy Birthday across.  More scrap paper to create the sailing boat which I have stuck on with 3D Foam Tape.  And lots of glitter.

The three things I have picked were:

a Summer theme,
any colour glitter,
any sticker.

8 comments:

  1. Is wonderful and elegant. Congratulations.
    Bye
    Marjorie Arte y Papel
    http://mararteypapel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool and creative!!

    Your getting awesome with the paper peicing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo Congratulations Merry, can't wait to see you DT creations, wonderful male card, love your layout, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. super card,
    love the colours and layout
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a process on making this card! It turned out nicely! Also good to have your daughter to judge your work...kids are usually very honest! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Merry! It looks like a patchwork quilt, how beautiful. Congrats on your new DT post, hope you have fun. Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool card...I like the piecing and the sailboat. I think this look like a very nice man card! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails