Monday, July 19, 2010

Happy Happy Birthday 'S' Card



Hi everyone, another new week.  I know for sure that Wednesday will not be my favourite day.  I have a funeral to attend.  My friends partner passed away suddenly last Wednesday of a heart attack.  He had only just turned 45 the Thursday before.  Unbelievable and scary.  I am sure the rest of the week will sail along though and I hope yours does too.

A happier note....this card I created for my weekly inspiration challenge over at Craftmad.  This week it was 'S'....so very open ended.  Any technique, paper, embellishment, style starting with 'S'.  I started with the stripes as Mandy from Blue Edge Crafts had sent me a whole lot of Bazzill strips ages ago and I really wanted to use them just never found the right card.  Dug out all the green strips and a couple of brown and attached them to the card....in a hope they look a little like a tree branch with leaves.  Set up the sewing machine and sewed a couple times down each side.  Layered up the Blue Bazzill and Yellow Bazzill on the right side so I could add my sticker greeting.  Used my wonderful sticker birds from the Sticker Store stuck them to the same Blue Bazzill and cut around then attached to the card.  The card is actually resting on my scrap box that is overflowing.  Last night I started on a project that I spied in a magazine to use some of these scraps up.  So hopefully I can show that off tomorrow.

Take care everyone and happy crafting.

5 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your friends partner. That is very sad at such a young age.

    Also, the card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bella tarjeta. Elegant and fine
    Kiss
    Marjorie Arte y Papel
    http://mararteypapel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your friend, so scary isnt it.

    This is a cool unique card, like the stripes and loose ends, and the stickers are great, very unique

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG so sorry to hear about your friends partner,it is very scary knowing you could be taken away at any time.

    BTW a beautiful card,love how you have used the strips!!!

    Take care
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Accept my condolences! Hard to lose friends ...
    -
    You make wonderful cards! Inspiration to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails