Monday, July 26, 2010

Festive Fun...Girl in Santa Hat



Another week.  Woohoo! I have the house to myself, first time in six weeks.  :-)  Yes, my hubby has returned to work but on light duties.  I think he is happy to be out of the house but not looking forward to catching up on work.  I am looking forward to doing things at my own pace and eating when I feel like it.

This is my second card for my Card Swap over at Craftmad this month.  I have really enjoyed doing paper piecing and think I may just use my stamps a little more often.  This lovely lady was created by Ruth over at Passion for Cards.  You should pop over and see the beautiful flowers she has drawn recently.  I am also entering this card into Denise's challenge 'Lots of Paper - Patterned Paper with Dots'.  Now if you are looking for a challenge I can confidently say that Denise will have a challenge for you.  I think she now has a different challenge every day of the month and they sure get your head thinking.

Now for the card.  Well I started with the image and paper pieced her with SU Design Paper and Riding Hood Red.  I added a xmas sticker hat (Sticker Store).  Now I needed a layout so I headed over to Stamping When I Can and checked out the list of sketches she posts each day. There was one from Sketch Saturday which was perfect.

I have used a pre-scored White card for the base...then a layer of SU Design Paper, 2 strips of SU Riding Hood Red which I have stamped with little starbursts using versa mark.  Layered up the lady on SU Kiwi Kiss and added three buttons and a rub-on greeting and holly sticker.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card, really cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Merry. Enjoy your quiet time in your house!!

    Hugs, Kylie ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card!
    Thanks for joining us this week at sketch saturday
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job on the paper piecing! Her dress is terrific! Love this! Terrific holiday card! Love the dots!

    thanks so much for playing along with Stamping Vacation's Lots of Paper challenge! You have an entry in the gift certificate drawing on August 1st!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails