Friday, June 4, 2010

Swing Card

Hey everyone, Life has been busy yet again....become a habit which I am not keen on as I am not getting to my craft desk. I have tonight though. A friend has asked me to make a card for her Grandmother's 90th Birthday.....how impressive is that. The 90 that is. :-) I decided to have a go at a Swing Card which is what we are swapping this month over at Craftmad. I am having a practise run as we haven't found out our partners yet. I found a tutorial over at Splitcoast Stampers. I have used burgandy coloured card for the base card. I have embossed this beautiful paper with the Cuttlebug Victoria embossing folder. I have also added these lovely butterfly and wavy border stickers and the greeting stickers. All from Sticker Store.

Cuttlebug embossing folder Victoria.

This is the inside of the card. A friend had gold embossed these lovely roses for me years ago. Been waiting for that special occasion. I have coloured them with my watercolour pencils and embellished with this beautiful lace from Scrap Therapy. Finished with some more lovely butterfly stickers from Sticker Store. I would really love to hear if you think this card needs a little something as I am thinking something extra would be great.

Have a wonderful weekend all. I probably won't be around for a week. This weekend is Relay for Life and next week I think I have a full and busy week....will just have to see what comes about on Monday.

5 comments:

  1. OH I LOVE this card, very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW 90! I hope I'm still around crafting at 90. She's a winner already. Your card for her is gorgeous. The roses are beautiful. Maybe some roses down the front side of the card?? But I think she'll love it just the way it is.
    Have a great weekend Merry.

    Kylie ox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifull card Merry..!!!!! have a nice week..! and come soon to work.. I love all your cards..!! best wishessss from Madrid..!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails