Friday, July 3, 2009

Paper Punched Flowers and Faux Stitching

Morning! I have used SU Sage Shadow for the base card, then a strip of ribbon across the centre. I added the white Happy Birthday sticker. Next I added all the different sized paper punched flowers I received in a swap from over at Craftmad. I used a fine black pen to add the stitching around the edges of all the flowers. Lastly, I took my daughters advice and added pearl bling to the centre of all my flowers. I did see this layout when I was blog hopping but once again forgot to take note of the name of the blog .... sorry! Actually, there were two blogs...one lady had done her card like this. The second lady had punched the flower shape from the front of the card, machine stitched around each shape and placed a contrasting paper in behind the punched out shape. Very effective. Something for me to try another day.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely card,
    gorgeous flowers,
    hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card Merry! your daughter gives some good advice ;-) I love the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,beautiful and cute card,i love your cards ...Hugs Jlaura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails