A very quick post...just wanted to show off the card. Will be back and edit this post with colours used. Must dash to Anzac Parade......Lest we Forget.
Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.
A friend asked me to create a card for her godson's wedding. I was inspired by a card I found in my Google search and sadly I did not keep the link to put on here. If this is a card like yours please let me know. I layered white on white, the top layer I added a square embossed border. Then came the fun bit of punching out all these tiny flowers. I then glued them to a heart shape piece of card stock, next I attached all the bling. I added the silver ribbon and used a sticker sentiment with the silver glitter paper punched hearts. I really love the end result. So much sparkle. Although at the end I suddenly remembered it was her godSON's wedding and thought this may a bit too girly but thankfully she loved it. Edit: attaching the flowers was not as fiddly or take as long as I thought. I think attaching the the gems was trickiest, making sure they were in the centre. Then a couple fell off when I first picked it ...
My 13yo daughter got the bug for sewing on Monday. We dusted off the machine....cardmaking has taken over my sewing table. I grabbed out some small pieces of material from my stocks and Melissa started sewing. I will post photos later today of two pillows and a pair of overalls for her toy monkey. Then while we were out shopping later on Monday we stopped off at Spolight and picked up a skirt pattern (Burda 7910) and some material. This is the first ever sewing project Melissa has done from wo to go. In the past she has created clothes for her dolls, pencil case, or small pillows. Melissa enjoyed the experience except for cutting out the pattern. I am with her on that. I would much rather just sit down and sew. I did do the mock shirring around the top edge of the skirt....something I have never done before but wasn't too hard. When all the sewing was done Melissa wore the skirt for the rest of the afternoon.....thats a good sign that we did well. :-) A little story. While making ...
"Welcome to your third stop of 10 on Stamping Vacation's first blog hop: Homemade with a HOP! Here is my Homemade Embellishment for you ....... a Tear Bear Present Topper. Great for Birthday or Christmas. Keep scrolling to the end if you are wanting details of the next person to hop to. Remember to leave a comment to be in the draw for one of the two $25.00 gift certificates from and a £ 10 voucher from and also to be in the running for the Grand Prize of up to $50.00 gift certificate from a store of your choice. How to create this card.......I started with a blank white base card. Then used all these fabulous reducing star stickers from the Sticker Store to decorate the front of the card. Note....that some of the stars I have cut in half and attached to the front of the card to make the stars look like they continue over the edge. I have also added a black 'Happy Birthday' greeting to the final card and small gold sticker star s to...
beautiful card Merry!
ReplyDeletelove the colours you have used.
What a gorgeous card Merry, I love it!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful,I love the colouring of your image!!!
ReplyDeletexx
A very pretty card, lovely colours
ReplyDeleteAnn :-)