Thursday, October 12, 2023

Crafts so far in 2023

 Hi everyone, I accidentally clicked on my blog link as I was heading somewhere else this morning and thought why not share the little bit of crafting I have done so far this year.  I must say it was interesting going back through my photos as I see that my husband and I have done a lot of travel and a lot of things around the house.  This answered my nagging question of 'why don't I seem to make it to the craft room these days'.  :-)  No promises but I might be back tomorrow to share a couple of travel photos.  Our travels have all been in Australia and ticking a few bucket list boxes.  Places we have visited are Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Darwin, Kangaroo Island, Alice Springs, Katherine Gorge, Atherton Tablelands, Mission Beach, Hervey Bay, Maryborough, Mackay.

Below are the few cards etc I have made this year.  Thanks for visiting, could possibly be a year before my next post. :-)

Sympathy card - using my new papers with some paper piecing.

Sympathy card - inspiration from Pinterest - torn papers to create the theme and chalks to create the sun and the sky.

The theme for this card swap was flowers and arrows.



The inside of the card above, my first try of a pop-up vase card.  A tiny bit fiddly but a card technique I will do again. I think I made it fiddly because I wasn't sure what I was doing. ;-)

My new workspace had empty planter boxes waiting for real plants.  I decided to create my own flowers and add some colour to the space.

I added wooden skewers to all the flowers as stems and taped them in the planter boxes.

For this card swap we were tasked to create 4 x cards using the papers from a paper pad that was sent to us in the previous swap.

Playing on the Cricut for my sons birthday - he has a cute dog like this.

This swap we had to use embossing folders and have an inspirational saying.


The theme for this card was to use lace.

The second card we swapped was lace with a colour combo of pink, grey and white

My tea cosy this year for the local tea cosy competition......not in to win, just helping with the entry numbers.

This swap we had to make an approx 10cm gift box and fill with crafty goodies for our partner. I really had a good time creating this book box. Everything except the ribbon holding the tassel is paper or card stock.



All our cards for the last six months this year are Christmas cards to help everyone build their stash. On top of that we add two more requirements.  So this card is Christmas with glitter.  The photo doesn't show but I have used red glitter paper in the background and placed the iridescent coloured gems on the white zig zag, it took a while but a meditative thing to do.  Great after a big work week.

This card had to have Christmas - Glitter and Ornaments

For September we had to have Christmas and ribbon - I really love how this card turned out and if I find time to make more cards for friends and family at Christmas I think this is it.

The second card had to have - Christmas - ribbon and poinsettias.  I finally got to use this wonderful embossing folder I was given one year in a Secret Santa swap.  I have added a little chalk to the image to bring the image out a little more.  The background card I wrapped with a ribbon.

Well thanks for visiting, I hope your 2023 has had and will have some good moments in it. I do suggest going back through your photos for this year to remind yourself how much you have done and achieved so far this year.  I actually am thinking I can give myself a little slack as now I can see why I don't make it to my craft room as often as I like.



8 comments:

  1. Lovely to see this post as you have been very quiet on your blog. I did leave a comment at Christmas but you have been busy have a good time on your travels. Good to see you are still crafting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting Gail and so good to see a familiar name. I home your end of the world is all good. Work and caring for my Mum who has just moved into aged care have been part of the busy year also. One day I'll be back here more often. :-)

      Delete
  2. So good to see your creations Merry and see how your doing too. Everything looks beautiful, you have been so busy and all the travels on top....wow... hope to see you back soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janette, thanks for popping on by yes a busy life at the mo but plans to retire in 18months and then I will be crafting and sharing again more often. The countdown is on. I hope you are still making wonderful creations.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic cards and projects Merry.. Next time you will have to visit Western Australia..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to see your post pop up, your crafts are beautiful you have been busy, l hope your keeping well and thankyou for sharing this post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for passing on by Sandra, hoping you are well also and crafting a lot.

      Delete
  5. I've been wondering what you'd been up too. Lovely cards and glad that you have been getting out and about to some fab places.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails