Friday, December 24, 2021

Christmas Creations 2021


Hi everyone, well it's Christmas Eve here and the perfect time to share all my Christmas creations I have made this year.  I have continued on with the challenge to myself to use up all the christmas papers and embellishments I have so I can start afresh next year. I have had a wonderful time creating and knowing that my papers etc are getting put to use rather than sitting in my binder year after year.

This year to help me achieve this challenge the only Christmas decoration I have put up is the christmas tree and fairy lights.


I had fun trying some of the different origami christmas ornament tutorials.  Most of them are easily done. I think I had two styles that didn't make it to the tree.










Our tree all decorated with the origami ornaments, paper chain garland, added candy canes and two gifted glass/crystal ornaments.  Topped with our version of a candy cane angel which was planned to be a star but just didn't work.  The angel looks sad because it has already taken a fall due to our puppy taking off one of the ornaments he admired so much. :-)


My gifts to friends at work, again started with my challenge of using Christmas papers up.  I also recycled my vitamins bottles from the year, decorated them and filled them up with Minties.  Telling everyone these were for all the "moments" (Mintie slogan - It's moments like these we need Minties) we have had throughout the year…..as it has been a year of new roles and policies etc.






A friend gave me two felt Santa kits that she received with a parcel she had ordered.  I enjoyed cutting them out and stitching them together.


More mini milk cartons were made, full of minties ready for the local museum Christmas party,


also these quick and easy little biscuit and chocolate holders.


My Mum often receives crafting items from friends in her church group which they no longer need/use.  Mum's arthritis in her hands has now stopped her from card making but not knitting and crocheting.  So I receive these bundles to put to use.  The last lot had these embossed card fronts with the the window already cut out.  So I attached them all to card stock and added a background paper for the window.  The cards above I put to use my new bauble dies.


Here I used some of my sticker baubles attaching them to christmas paper and cutting around them before hand cutting them out.


Lastly, I just a poinsettia die I was gifted last year, still using up my papers and stickers.


I made this little Christmas tree ornament from my papers, its about 25cm tall.


I'm very please with myself as this is all the Christmas stash I have left, what fun I will have next year.

And that is my Christmas creations done.  I hope you enjoyed the photos and thanks for visiting again.  Merry Christmas to you all and I hope your day is as you would like. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow you have been very busy and made some beautiful things. I do misd your regular postings but happy that you have found time to craft. Happy holidays - stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post Merry.

    Happy Christmas to you and yours.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic projects Merry. Love the recycled vitamin bottles and all the use of paper scraps.. have a Very Merry and Safe Christmas..loz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails