Saturday, April 10, 2021

Holidays full of gardening and sewing


Hi everyone, I'm happily on two weeks holidays enjoying the sunshine in our garden and trying to tame the jungle it is.  My succulents were first off the list which I weeded and added a couple little pots to the garden on the far right.  I still want to add a couple of small mounds so the garden is not flat, hopefully give it a little character as it was a veggie garden before succulents came along.


I got rid of all the dead branches out the passionfruit vine and now waiting for these yummy fruit to ripen and fingers crossed the visiting cockatoos don't find them.


Next was the bromeliad garden which had these lovely flowers happening.


This time of year my Rose of Sharon (type of Hibiscus) never fails to delight me.  I love the fact it's starts the day as a lovely crisp white flower…….


and finishes the day with this lovely vibrant pink.


Our Easter was very full of chocolate as I was lucky enough to win this hamper at work…..gave a lot of it away otherwise my husband and I would have been rolling everywhere. :-D


Brisbane went into lockdown just before Easter and this time round all of Queensland had to wear masks inside.  This is our first time throughout the whole of COVID that we have had to do this. So we are very lucky living in the tropical north.  So I decided to try out a few Pinterest mask patterns trying to find the best for masks that were anti fog.  I found this pattern which was quick to cut out and sew and seems very effective. https://diyjoy.com/how-to-make-a-no-fog-face-mask/  Love to hear if you have a favourite mask pattern.



Still looking for ideas to keep Sully busy, he is healing well although has a little fluid on his knee.  I discovered VitaRapid Tranquil Daily Treats and these have really helped calm Sully of an afternoon when he is really, really bored with his current cage constraint.  I like that they have natural ingredients.  We have quick sessions of training - sit, stay, come and down - hoping to tire his brain and perhaps his body a little.  Decided to make a snuffle box so he can dig through to find his food.  Sully does have a good time with this and keeps him busy for 20 mins or so.  This is a - keep an eye on Sully activity, with his past history of swallowing strips of fabric.  I went in search of items for strong chewers as Sully has chewed through most of his toys.  I discovered Aussie Antlers and now have a goat horn and antler which seem to be working well and lasting longer than a day and keeping him busy.




After a morning of gardening I have been getting back into my crumb quilt.  I'm loving seeing the random combinations and now have 15 of my 32 required squares done.

Thanks for passing by.

4 comments:

  1. Your garden looks great Merry. Love the face masks and you never know if you will need them again..We have only had to wear the for 2 weeks here and it was difficult to see when I was wearing glasses. Luckly I was exempt at the school...Hugs for Sully...Loz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes working in a school does make life easier, we haven't had to wear them at work either, so going shopping is often a quick reminder of our new lives.

      Delete
  2. Morning Merry,

    You have no idea how thrilled I was to see your comments on my blog this morning Merry as only last week you came into my mind and I wondered if you were still blogging and crafting. I lot track of quite a few when blogger played with all our followers a year or two back and with all the will in the world you don't recall all the names and never track some down again.

    Just had a little catch up, I do hope Sully is improving, a big op for such a youngster. We still have lots of animals, horses, hens, ducks and three dogs (soon to be four) and one of our girls has been in ongoing surgery most of this year but fingers crossed we are over the worse now.

    I've signed up to stalk you again so fingers crossed blogger won't interfere this time.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda, I had a lovely time yesterday morning visiting blogs I have not seen in at least a year. It really did feel like I was visiting old friends…best thing was I get to trip the world when visiting. I have been doing a little sewing but saw some great ideas that I will have to try with card making, maybe it's just the nudge I need. :-) Hope all the surgeries go well for your dog, they really are just like your babies and you hate putting them through any pain and wish you could take that all away from them. My blog posts a sparse albeit more than I did last year…..so here's to a new habit forming. :-)

      Delete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails