Monday, April 19, 2021

Babinda Kayaking edited to show flooding


Well its back to work for me today, I'm happy that it is raining today and looks like it will be all week rather than on my holidays.  I have gotten this far on a jigsaw of Bondi Beach in Sydney, really not sure if I will finish the sky and the water - we'll see.  


Last Friday, I ticked Babinda Kayaking off my bucket list.  Had a fantastic time and will definitely be doing this again, hopefully with Sully sitting on the front. $50 for the kayak hire, life jacket, kayaks ready for us to row away, then a pick up at the other end to bring us back to the car.  Oh, and can't forget the bonus iceblock we received.  


I was all covered up and lots of sunscreen as there is not much tree coverage along the way but not too hot as you can take a dip anytime you felt like it.



So peaceful and quiet, the kayaking is done at your own pace.  There were another two groups (1 x 4 and 1 x 8) floating down when we did, we would pass each other every now and again as one of the groups would pull off to a sandy bank to eat or swim or just take in the surroundings.


This is how clear the water is - taken from in the kayak.



The end

Thanks for visiting - I am hoping to keep this new routine of occasional blog posts and occasional blog visits happening as I have loved reconnecting with everyone. So fingers crossed - life does not speed up again and get in the way. 

This is the same creek 3 days later, so we timed it very well.  




 

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun, Merry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow lots of entertainment great as always is your post take care x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so relaxing Merry and a wonderful way to take in the scenery. When they were at school a couple of my boys used to Kayaking as they had a water sports club and they used to love it. Good luck with the puzzle, water and sky are always the hardest.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Merry I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment, it feels strange being back on Blogger after such a long break, but I just had to come see you, I have been looking at all your wonderful pictures you take care
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic pic's Merry. Not sure I would like kayaking.. I do prefer dry ground...Loz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails