Monday, February 8, 2021

A Christmas Catch Up

 


This year for Christmas I wanted my card to have a surprise due to 2020 being full of surprises.  I found a tutorial for pop up cubes which I had so much putting together and using a lot of my Christmas paper and embellishment stash.  I would have loved to made more but time ran out. The pop up cubes all lay flat and can be put inside a card so when the recipient opens the card it pops up to the cube. I had to put these magic boxes inside bought Christmas cards as I didn't have time to make a simple card for the outside. I was really impressed I had made anything at all. :-) If/when I find the link to the tutorial I will share it here as it was easy to follow.  I used plastic hair ties in lieu of a small rubber band for the pop up mechanism as they were the perfect size.


This pop up box did end up with a matching card to place it in as it was part of the Craftmad October swap  with the theme of different shaped cards.


Another four boxes showing two sides of the four decorated sides.



Yes, I tested out each of the boxes when I had completed them many many times as I loved that I could create something like that from paper and cardboard in my room.


These two cards were created for our December swap over at Craftmad the theme simply being Christmas.  The card above I layered up card stock and paper, used my music embossing plate for the red paper then used an emery file to rough it up.


I used this lovely shaped card I had from Blue Edge Crafts and layered papers up and topped with the 3D paper tole image which luckily I had hand cut a couple of years ago.


My Saturday morning walk started a little gloomy with the dark clouds and high humidity but all brighten when I spied this full rainbow. Under the rainbow is the Gordonvale racetrack and in the centre of the racetrack is the golf course.

Hope your week is a good one.

3 comments:

  1. This is another of your great posts love the rainbow 🌈 too stay safe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun cards as always! Love that rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous pop-up cubes Merry. I hope you find the link to the tutorial.. The other cards are gorgeous..Loz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails