Sunday, January 31, 2021

End of January Already

 Hi everyone, well thats one month of 2021 about to finish, last day.  Sully kept us entertained as per normal and has discovered he can jump up to the lounge.  So we are in the process of teaching him he can be on the lounge when we decide not him. :-)  He is so agile, as he can go from standing at the other side of the room playing to suddenly being in your lap with a toy in his mouth.  It's like we have skipped a bit through time as we really don't see it coming and he lands in our lap in a very comfortable position.

Craft-wise, I'm still working on my crazy patch work quilt for the lounge.  The scraps have been sewn together now a couple of times but are still in rows.  So to get some angles happening I have cut majority in half on an angle and hopefully today I will randomly sew different halves together and changing which straight edge I use.  Told you making it up as I go.  

Inspired by my friend on instagram @clarke_lyn, I potted up my daughters pots with succulents. Sorry a bit lazy when taking the photos, no dusting and not moving them so that the sun was not full glare behind. Had fun choosing the plants for the pots though.



These pots I have on the verandah and thought I'd share how lovely they look at the moment.




A bit of paper craft.  One of the lovely ladies I work with had her first baby early in December.  I was asked to do the baby shower invites which we had a week before baby arrived, just made it. Had so much fun doing these.  I found any pretty pink patterned paper to suit the onesie.  Printed the outline and invite on the paper and hand cut each one.  Tied lots of little bows to match the paper and attached the onesie to a glitter background or gold embossed background.



Hope you all had an enjoyable week and hope the adventures in this week to come are fun.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful invites and pots Merry. I hate to tell you but Sully will soon be the boss and will sit where she likes.. I tried with TeddyB but now he is on the lounge and my bed and anywhere he wants..loz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Loz, I am getting a sense that Sully will rule the roost as I sit here typing this with him here on my lap. :-D We are off to puppy school tonight just to learn how to rein in the excitement when meeting new people. I'm sure he will get it straight away it's me that is not keeping up with things.

      Delete
  2. Great post and l love those pots you have also what great invites for the baby shower take care x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots going on here Merry, your pup sounds so sweet and full of life.x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails