Happy 50th Birthday


I made this for my friend Tracey who turns 50 today, party last night.  As well as friend Tracey is my and a couple other ladies exercise group instructor - so sometime we are thinking she is not our friend. :-)  During the exercises and then again two days later when we can hardly walk.

I had fun making this card, I used a 12" x 12" piece of card stock and had to extend it with the darker green card stock to fit all 50 candles on, hence the three strips of gold washi tape.  I then rolled 50 scrap piece of paper 7cm x 3cm on a chop stick placing double sided tape on the closing edge of the rolled paper.  For the flames I punched 25 gold hearts and cut them in half - the is the best tip I have found on Pinterest this year.

Thanks for visiting, hope your weekend is good.  I'm off for coffee with another group of friends this morning.

Comments

  1. Brilliant card design Merry, I may case that at some point, to good not to, and I missed the post below, that B/W card is stunning....enjoy your day.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just so pretty and cute and charming. Wow, to make 50 candles is quite a task. And what a clever idea to close it with double sided tape. One of the best cards from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic card and so much effort to make 50 candles Merry..loz

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a wonderful card. At first I thought you were getting your own back on her showing all 50 candles, but then I think maybe it took you a long time to do them all lol!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Card

Sewing Today

Homemade with a Hop - Stamping Vacation