Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Two Weeks and a lot can happen


Two weeks and a lot of events. Lucky for us not much mess or work to do but we had freak winds and rain before a low was declared a cyclone.  So was at work (a school) when the 85km/hour winds happened.  Everyone was safe, just fun signing students out of school with their parents when we had no power or telephones.  The following day was a student free day at school while staff cleaned up the grounds with other contractors.


At home thankfully we only had a lot of leaf litter and smaller branches that had come down, still three hours of work clearing that up.  Other people had trees.  We also lost our power but unlike the school that lost theirs for 1 1/2 days we lost ours for 2 1/2 days.  Again thankful, as the humidity wasn't around due to the rain and no sun and my brother who had electricity had a generator we got to borrow after a day of no power for our fridge and freezer.


Last weekend I was very lucky to fly to Brisbane with work to learn more on a new computer program.  This is the view from my motel room.


Yummy food for lunch.


I managed to catch up with a close friend and do a walk to the top of Mount Cootha to get this view back to Brisbane.


This was the walking trail, so nice and easy to walk although hilly.  I also got to catch up with my sister who I haven't seen for two years. 


And on Monday…………Sully graduated from five weeks of Puppy Training. :-)

 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post apart from the mess the winds make lots of tiding up we had the same yesterday lots of debris around Sully looks so adorable nice you caught up with your friend and sister what a lovely thing to do after two years what a reunion that would of been like the look of your lunch yummy 😋 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you had no damage Merry. I can remember running up Mt Cootha 2 times for fun runs. The best part was going down.. Sully looks so gorgeous with his certificate..Loz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails