Friday, March 11, 2011

Paper Tole Rose



Third card...now this is my favourite. I have been seeing people using printed paper on their projects and I have been wanting to try it out. So grabbed an old book that I have read and don't want to keep. Firstly, the base card is Stampin Up Basic Grey, then a hint of Stampin Up design paper, a layer of Bazzil Card (Raven), then my page from the book. These Bazzill Just Edge borders were perfect to finish the card layout.....the black flourish. Topped with the Paper Tole Rose which I have glued together with silicone glue and went around the edges of all layers on the rear with my embossing tool to make the petals curl under a little.

I would like to enter into the following challenges:


P.S.  If you happen to be in the Cairns area.....please visit Bunnings and buy up big at our Sausage Sizzle fundraiser for our Relay for Life Team.  (All monies go to Cancer Research)

13 comments:

  1. Oh this is just beautiful. I must try that technique. Thanks for sharing and for playing along with us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great, I love the mono effect then a lil shot of red on the side, really pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is BEAUTIFUL,just love the grey with the slightest amount of red!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Beautiful flower. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh-oh-oh - love that. The gray is just amazing

    kitten DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooooooooooooI see my candy pic right where I'm leaving this comment! Merry, you are always so kind to stop by my blog and I am so awful for returning the comments! 'tsk,tsk'. So thought I should stop being such a blog snot and come say hey! AND WOW did I get a shock with these fabulous decoupaged creations ! Totally totally amazing! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wow, WOW! This is stunning Merry! Love how you used the text behind the image. And that splash of red really looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, I am officially getting super jealous of these grey scale paper tole flowers!! I so want them!!! I have been looking online but not much luck so far. I found that I am even having a hard time finding a company based in the US (for better shipping costs) that sells die cut decoupage sheets. Seems to be popular in England and Australia! If you come across a site that sells these with cheap shipping to the US let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so elegant Merry - I love that flash of red.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Merry,
    How are you? I love your creation. It is stunning. I think the whole DST has been a debate with a lot of places.

    TY for the comments about Lily too. She is very sweet and very loving. Holly and her are still adjusting. Also, dealing with the whole "puppy potty training" all over again...its been four years LOL.

    I hope all is well with you and your family.

    All my best,
    Alisha

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning Merry! Good luck with your Bunnings Sausage Sizzle!
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely card and OMgoodness,your flower looks fab! glad you chose to share your beautiful card with us at Southern Girls! Have a great week,Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. STUNNING Merry, gorgeous card and such a beautiful flower, off to check out your others, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails