Friday, January 28, 2011

Mum's Day Cards


I started with a white BE card then layered with some lovely textured DCWV card that I have run through my cuttlebug with the Diamonds in the Rough embossing folder.  I printed off the 'mother' definition.  I coloured this wonderful butterfly sticker from Sticker Store with my watercolour pencils.  I find this type of colouring very relaxing.


On this card again I have used one of the beautiful butterfly sticker panels from Sticker Store.  Coloured with my watercolour pencils.  I have started with a white BE card then layered with SU More Mustard then a layer DCWV paper prints.  Next I ran a strip of SU More Mustard through the cuttlebug firstly with my Stylised Flowers embossing folder and then with the Swiss Dots folder.  I printed the sentiment off the computer.

These two cards are being sent to Tracey so that she can forward them onto our Aussie Troops serving overseas.  If you would like to join in just click here.  Tracey has asked for cards to be sent to her by 16th March 2011.

I would like to enter these cards into the following challenges:

Penny's Paper #45 - Anything Goes ends 2nd February
Wild Orchid #15 - Lets get Sentimental ends 31st January
Anything Goes Challenge - Butterflies ends 8th February
Moving Along With the Times #83 ends 3rd February

22 comments:

  1. Helow Mery, How are your?? this card is just beautifull..!!

    Best regards.!! love from spain.!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Merry
    Not sure if you got my e-mail.

    My e-mail is gailknapton@hotmail.com



    Have a good weekend,my bottom has just about stopped hurting,already to do it again Sat / Sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH These are fabulous!!!!

    Love them, I gotta get out my stickers Merry, you rock with them!

    Awesome cause!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Merry, this card is wonderful again!
    Best wishes
    ILo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Merry these are two very beautiful cards the images look wonderful so does the embossing top notch work.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful. The butterflies are just gorgeous!
    Hugs Jeanette xxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards, love the embossing in the background. Thanks for joining us at Anything goes
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW these are beautiful,the gold looks fabulous!!! I can't believe you are already up to Mother's Day cards,you are so organised.I am so far behind at the moment with my cardmaking!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card... love the sentiment.

    Thanks for your visit and kind words... much appreciated.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely butterflies and great cards thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards! Love the stained glass look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Merry, lovely card. I love the embossing effect. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two gorgeous cards perfect for Mother's Day. I love the stained glass window effect, very pretty.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are so pretty! beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such wonderful cards Merry. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, love both the cards they are super. Thanks for playing along on MAWTT HAzelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards Merry and an excellent cause.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice cards, Merry! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the stained glass effect, beautiful :)
    Re your comment on my blog, I went through my jewellery box and filled a box with all my cheap and old jewellery, charity pins and other 'useful' bits like spare buttons etc... surprising how much new card stuff I got from my dresser drawers :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful, elegant cards.
    luv
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely card.
    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty this time, hope to see you again next time.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are both lovely and so beautifully coloured on the butterflies.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for much for visiting my little part of the world. I really appreciate the time you have taken to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you and if you are new I really like the fact I can now visit your blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails